There is lots of information available on coronavirus support on the Council’s website. We’ve included a link to the main page below, as well as popular specific pages from the site and other forms of support we’re aware of. Let us know if there are any others we should add.
- Merton Council support: the Council has a page dedicated to local information about Coronavirus.
- The Merton COVID-19 Community Response Hub is a partnership between Age UK Merton, Merton Voluntary Service Council and Wimbledon Guild, supported by the Merton Council. It was set up in March 2020 to help isolated households and those at risk from COVID-19 in Merton. If you, or someone you know, needs help please email [email protected] or call 020 8685 2272, between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. Information about the hub is available in a range of different languages on the MVSC website.
Childcare and schooling
- Status of Merton schools: The updated status of all of Merton's schools can be found here: schools closure webpage.
- Childcare settings open for key workers: If you are a key worker and your childcare setting has closed and you cannot safely care for your child at home, you can search for childcare settings who are remaining open on the Merton Family Services Directory.
Domestic violence support
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: staffed 24 hours a day - the number is 0808 2000 247.
- ASK ANI: Victims of domestic abuse can use the codeword ANI in participating pharmacies (including all Boots stores and participating independent pharmacies) to let staff know that they require an emergency police response or help contacting a helpline or specialist support service. Participating pharmacies will display posters in their window and around the pharmacy to let customers know that they can approach their staff to seek help. Any information shared will be treated confidentially.
- Samaritans: free helpline for whatever you are going through available 24 hours a day – call 116 123.
- Shout: free mental health text support available 24 hours a day – text 85258
Legal and financial
- South West London Law Centre is still offering advice services online and by phone - providing specialist legal advice on debt, housing, employment, benefits and immigration.
- Citizen Advice is also offering their advice services remotely, covering health, family, benefits, immigration and much more.
Shopping and food delivery
- Essential businesses open in Wimbledon town centre: The Love Wimbledon website has a list of all open businesses and additional takeaway and delivery options.
- Local businesses offering home delivery and collections: a list of businesses offering these services was compiled during the spring 2020 lockdown and can be found here. We want to support local businesses but please note that we haven’t used all the services on offer here, so cannot personally endorse them!