Here are a selection of resources we’ve heard of to help you through the pandemic. If you know of any others that you think we should add to this page, let us know!
- NHS's new online home workouts have been created by fitness experts and range from 10 to 45 minutes long. Suitable for all fitness levels, there's something to help everyone keep active during lockdown.
- P.E. with Joe Wicks every Monday, Wednesday and Friday throughout lockdown.
- Wimbledon Dance Academy is offering online workshops – everything from Jive to Quickstep.
- TreeTalk have mapped out London's street trees - if you enter your postcode it will design a walk for you which takes you past unusual / interesting trees in your neighbourhood.
- Couch to 5k is an app to help everyone (especially complete beginners!) get running
- Merton Libraries have put all their resources online, access them here.
- The BBC has put together a programme of learning across TV, iPlayer and online.
- Simple Politics Half Hour - free sessions about politics for Key Stage 2 on Thursdays from 9:30-10am.
- Dave the Dog Is Worried About Coronavirus - a free book for children about coronavirus that aims to give information without fear.
- The Artful Parent for free art activities.
- Red Ted Art - easy arts and crafts for little ones.
- The Imagination Tree - creative art and craft activities for the very youngest.
- The Woodland Trust have put together 10 nature activities for kids which you can do from home.
- Take some of the virtual field trips recommended on this website - you can tour museums, cities around the world and and the NASA space station (thanks to some readers from the US who suggested this resource to us!)
- Google Arts & Culture teamed up with over 2500 museums and galleries around the world to bring anyone and everyone virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world.
- Audible have made hundreds of audiobooks completely free to help during the coronavirus crisis.
- Creativebug offers online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques. Learn how to paint, knit, crochet, sew, screen print, and more.
Wellbeing & mental health resources
- The 5 minute journal app (available on the App store and Google Play) is designed to increase wellbeing by focusing on positive experiences and self reflection
- There are a number of apps available to aid in mindfulness - some popular choices are Headspace / Calm / Insight Timer
- Sleepio is a digital CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) program designed to help you sleep better
- BBC Headroom is a digital `mental health toolkit' full of resources and tips to help you look after your mental health
- Bounce Forward is a free resilience course for parents in London
- CBT online: www.woodgym.anu.edu.au
- Carers Trust: 0844 800 4361 www.carers.org
- Bereavement Advice Centre: 0800 634 9494 www.bereavementadvice.org
- Anxiety UK: 08444 775 774 www.anxietyuk.org.uk
- Samaritans: Freephone 116 123
- Saneline: 0300 304 7000 www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline/ (provides out of hours mental health and emotional support)
- National domestic abuse helpline: 0808 2000 247 - open 24/7 to help people experiencing domestic abuse www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk