Lib Dem Executive Team member and business / well-being coach Viv Vella recently held a members’ event centred on boosting well-being and resilience. She recommended the following resources:
Exercise & movement
- Movement is crucial to our wellbeing, and lockdown has made exercising difficult for many people. Couch to 5k is an app to help everyone (especially complete beginners!) get running.
Wellbeing & mental health resources
- The 5 minute journal app (available on the App store and Google Play) is designed to increase wellbeing by focusing on positive experiences and self reflection
- There are a number of apps available to aid in mindfulness - some popular choices are Headspace / Calm / Insight Timer
- Sleepio is a digital CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) program designed to help you sleep better
- BBC Headroom is a digital `mental health toolkit' full of resources and tips to help you look after your mental health
- Bounce Forward is a free resilience course for parents in London
- CBT online: www.woodgym.anu.edu.au
- Carers Trust: 0844 800 4361 www.carers.org
- Bereavement Advice Centre: 0800 634 9494 www.bereavementadvice.org
- Anxiety UK: 08444 775 774 www.anxietyuk.org.uk
- Samaritans: Freephone 116 123
- Saneline: 0300 304 7000 www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/helpline/ (provides out of hours mental health and emotional support)
Viv also has some more specific resources for people experiencing domestic abuse and eating disorders - if you would like her to send you any of these resources please send an enquiry to [email protected].