Merton Liberal Democrats Campaign Organiser
Full-time Local Party Campaigns Organiser Post. Fixed Term until 17 June 2022, possible extension after that until the General Election.
While the role will cover both constituencies in Merton the focus will be on Wimbledon, the Lib Dems Number 1 target seat in England.
Job Description & Person Specification
Job Title: Merton Liberal Democrats Campaigns Organiser.
Salary range: £22-24k (based on experience) + 3% pension contribution
Workplace: While some work can be carried out from home the Campaigns Organiser may also be required to work in the office of another local Party or an office in Wimbledon if one is acquired by Merton Lib Dems.
Hours: The post is full-time (37 hours/week). Some hours will be unsocial. It is expected that the Campaigns Organiser will be involved in evening and weekend campaign activities by agreement.
Accountable to: A designated member of the Merton Liberal Democrats Campaign Committee.
Transport: Travel expenses in the constituency will be paid.
The major functions of the job are:
To support the work of the Liberal Democrats in Merton so that:
▪ the maximum possible number of Councillors are elected in May 2022
▪ the local party’s capacity to fight elections is increased
▪ to draft a costed Campaign Plan for the May 2022 Council elections with the input of the Campaign Committee for approval by the Executive
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Campaign Committee in strategic planning and campaign organisation and lead the production of literature and other campaign material .
- To organise volunteers and local party workers to deliver the campaign plan.
- To ensure the delivery of a programme of doorstep and telephone voter contact.
- To assist with the digital campaign e.g. web site, social media, creating videos.
- To assist with the production and distribution of press releases
- To assist in recruiting, training, developing and retaining volunteers.
- Enter data and/or organise volunteers to enter data in the online database.
- To work with Liberal Democrat staff from the London Region, English Party and HQ as required
- To understand the work of the LD Group on Merton Council and how that fits in with campaigning.
- To undertake such training as is recommended to develop and update required skills including GDPR compliance.
- To undertake such other duties as the line manager may require furthering effective communication, campaigning and organisation in the area
Our organiser needs to be outgoing, organised, versatile and have a passion for political campaigning. They will be enthused, and be able to enthuse others at the opportunity to be part of a winning team which elects more councillors to Merton Council, and a Lib Dem MP for Wimbledon.
They will have good inter- personal skills and be able to work under pressure and change priorities at short notice
They will need good writing skills and the ability to design attractive campaign literature. If they do not currently use Affinity Publisher they need to be able to learn it
They will need to be able to use – or learn how to use Connect and Nationbuilder software
They will need to understand how to effectively use social media and the part it plays in political campaigning
For questions and further details, and to submit an application, please contact: Cllr Anthony Fairclough, [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 30th August 2021, 5pm.