We must stop social care cuts and fight for local health services.
WHAT WE'VE DONE
- Persuaded Council to adopt our proposal to guarantee London Living Wage to all care workers in Merton.
- Tried to get the administration to address why Merton has one of the worst MMR vaccination rates in the UK – but Labour and the Conservatives refused to support our plan.
- Correctly predicted Merton’s low Covid vaccination rates, following Council’s failure to learn lessons from the borough’s MMR experience.
- Sought to persuade the Labour administration to engage constructively with NHS in managing change at St Helier hospital.
WHAT WE'LL DO
- Seek to open “walk-in” doctors’ surgeries in Merton to improve accessibility.
- Use the disused Wilson’s Health Centre site to improve health provision across the borough.
- Prioritise the issue of low vaccination rates amongst children and adults across Merton.
- Fight to properly fund the NHS & Social Care provision – but not via a regressive NI tax increase.
- Ensure the Council seeks to mitigate issues arising from the decision to remove certain services from St Helier hospital.
- Work with Merton’s professional and amateur sports clubs to improve local sporting, outdoor gym & children’s play facilities.