Residents who live or work in the Wimbledon Park area are being asked to get tested for coronavirus, even if they have no symptoms, as part of an enhanced testing program due to a case of the South African variant being found in the area.
You need to get tested if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You live in, work in, or regularly visit for essential activities, the Wimbledon Park area - map of the precise area, list of affected postcodes
- You are over the age of 16
- You have not had a positive coronavirus test in the last 90 days
If you meet all these criteria, and do not have symptoms of coronavirus there are two ways you can get a test:
- Book a test at one of the mobile testing units. These are located at Wimbledon Park Golf Club and at the car park at the rear of Wickes on Waterside Way. These will be open daily 8am-3pm from Friday 26th February to Thursday 4th March. Slots can be booked here (pre-booking is required).
- Use a home testing kit. These can be picked up and dropped off at Christ the King Church Hall, 9 Crescent Gardens, Wimbledon Park, SW19 8AJ. This will open daily, 8.30am-6pm, from Monday 1 until Friday 5 March. No booking is needed. If you are shielding and need help to pick up / return a home test kit contact the council on 020 8274 5332 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (high temperature, new continuous cough, or loss / change to sense of smell / taste) you should get tested in the normal way by booking a free NHS test.
More information about the enhanced testing program is available on the Merton Council website.