A quick look at what's happening in and around the borough over the festive period.
Recycling and rubbish collection dates
- Transport for London's information on Christmas travel.
- Fri 1 December: "Light up Morden" Crown Lane street party from 4pm, with Christmas tree lights at 5.20pm.
- Fri 1 December: Raynes Park Christmas Festival, 3.30-7pm, with lights switched on at 5pm.
- Sat 2 December: Christmas and Craft Fair at the Wimbledon Common Ranger's Office, from 11am.
- Sun 3 December: Wimbledon Village Christmas, 10am-5pm, with lights switched on at 4.30pm.
- Sun 3 December: Wimbledon "Winter Wonderland", 12-6pm, with fireworks at 5.30pm (Nb The Broadway will be closed to traffic from 5am-10pm).
- Fri 8 December: Pollards Hill Christmas tree lights at the green next to Pollards Hill library, 5.30pm
- Sat 16 December: Carols at the Windmill, Wimbledon Common, from 3pm.
- Christmas events in Wandsworth (Battersea, Earlsfield, Putney, Balham, Southfields, Tooting and Roehampton) - click here.
Free Christmas parking
Parking will be free in Council-managed car parks in Mitcham, Morden and Wimbledon on a number of weekends. See here for full information.
Local shops and other information
- Centre Court shopping centre at Christmas: click here.
- Council services over Christmas: click here for directory.
- School terms and holidays: click here.