The first ward action day of the 2022 local election campaign in Merton is to be held in Cannon Hill ward on 2nd October 2021.
Cannon Hill ward was won by the Lib Dems in a famous by-election in 2019 and its essential we hold the seat we won and gain the other 2 in the ward, beating the Conservatives.
The ward forms part of the Wimbledon constituency - England's no. 1 Lib Dem target seat. We are only 628 votes behind the Tories here!
All members and campaigners are welcome to arrive at anytime from 10am to 4pm. On the day there will be an opportunity to:
- Meet the newly re-selected PPC for Wimbledon - Paul Kohler !
- Meet the Cannon Hill Focus team - Cllr Jenifer Gould and Richard Poole
- Survey with Knock and Drop surveys
- Petition residents - Local flooding and for a local Zebra Crossing
- Buddy up with experienced canvassers and campaigners
- Deliver the latest Focus leaflet
Lunch and refreshments will be available.
To reach the action day location, either travel by train to South Merton station (5 mins walk), or take the 164 bus from either Morden or Wimbledon stations, alight at "Ashridge Way" then a 2 minute walk.
An after action day trip to the pub will be held at the Leather Bottle pub, 277 Kingston Rd, London SW19 3NW.
14 Mossville Gdns
Morden SM4 4DG
Google map and directions