Find out how to respond to consultations and influence planning applications in your area.
Local Plan 2020 - Merton council is creating a new Local Plan to help guide future planning decisions.
- Wimbledon town centre redevelopment. Read the latest news on the redevelopment.
- Seven-storey office building, The Broadway. This application goes against some local concerns to maintain low-rise buildings in Wimbledon town centre.
- High Path estate, South Wimbledon. Part of the Estates Local Plan, read the latest news about the estate. The estate includes Wimbledon's new secondary school, the Harris Wimbledon Academy, due to open in 2020. A planning application has been lodged regarding the change of use from storage and business use to school.
Plans for Wimbledon Hill Road – A Public exhibition on 11 January 2018 revealed details of a proposal for the change of the ‘Bank Buildings’ at 41-47 Wimbledon Hill Road in Wimbledon Town Centre with a new hotel and shops to be part of the development. A planning application has been lodged regarding this redevelopment to provide retail, financial and professional services and a hotel and partial demolition of the existing building.
- Plans for site of historic White Hart Pub, Kingston Road, Wimbledon – Demolition of the White Hart Pub and development of 44 flats on three storeys and commercial units with no parking on the site to be developed in two phases starting in summer 2019. A 2nd exhibition for residents will be held on Monday 2 July 2018 from 5pm-8pm at The Old Ruts clubhouse, Poplar Road. click here more information on the plans.
19 apartments, 2 semi-detached houses and 2 detached houses, Hillside. This application is to demolish existing three blocks of flats and garages, to be replaced by a four storey block of 19 apartments with basement level parking and 2 semi-detached houses and 2 detached houses with parking.
Commercial space on ground floor and 19 self-contained flats above, Wimbledon Park. This application is to demolish existing buildings and the erection of a new part three, part four storey mixed-use block.
Demolition of industrial workshops and telecom tower and erection of block with flexible use at ground floor and 22 flats above, Wimbledon Park. This application is to demolish the industrial workshops and the telecom tower and to erect a part 2, part 4 storey block with flexible B1 use at ground floor and 22 self-contained flats above with roof terraces, associated parking and enhanced pedestrian/vehicle access from Dawlish Avenue.
Offices and flats on old Manuplastics factory site, Kingston Road. Planning application for 110 homes and office space, 7 storeys was decided on 22 Feb 2018. An application for a five-storey self storage unit was refused in 2009. A similar, slightly different application was made in relation to the site in late 2017.
You can see comments from the Dundonald Lib Dem team to the 2017 application here.
- Concrete plant, Waterside Way (border of Wimbledon and Tooting).
45-48 Rothesay Avenue, Merton Park: Demolishing of existing buildings and erection of 9 two bedroom flats within a four storey building.
- Demolition of building and erection of residential building comprising 34 self-contained flats , Dundonald ward. This application is to demolish the existing buildings and erect a part three, part four storey residential building comprising 34 self-contained flats (3 X studio, 14 X 1 bed & 17 X 2 bed) at 32-34 Bushey Road Raynes Park.
- Change of use from Public House to retail/Commercial space on ground floor and 9 self-contained flats above, Dundonald. This application is to change the use from public house to ground floor retail/commercial use with 9 flats above (6 x 1 bed and 3 x 2 bed flats), including demolition of existing taxi hire business with curtilage location.
- Application for prior approval for change of use from offices to 12 residential units, Hillside. The application applies to 138 - 140 Alexandra Road, SW19 7JY.