Find out how to respond to consultations and influence planning applications in your area.
Local Plan 2020 - Merton council is creating a new Local Plan to help guide future planning decisions.
- Wimbledon town centre redevelopment. Read the latest news on the redevelopment.
- High Path estate, South Wimbledon. Part of the Estates Local Plan, read the latest news about the estate. The estate includes Wimbledon's new secondary school, the Harris Wimbledon Academy, due to open in 2020. A planning application has been lodged regarding the change of use from storage and business use to school.
Plans for Wimbledon Hill Road – A Public exhibition on 11 January 2018 revealed details of a proposal for the change of the ‘Bank Buildings’ at 41-47 Wimbledon Hill Road in Wimbledon Town Centre with a new hotel and shops to be part of the development. A planning application has been lodged regarding this redevelopment to provide retail, financial and professional services and a hotel and partial demolition of the existing building.
Plans for site of historic White Hart Pub, Kingston Road, Wimbledon – Demolition of the White Hart Pub and development of 44 flats on three storeys and commercial units with no parking on the site to be developed in two phases starting in summer 2019. A 2nd exhibition for residents was held on Monday 2 July 2018. click here more information on the plans.
Commercial space on ground floor and 19 self-contained flats above, Wimbledon Park. This application is to demolish existing buildings and the erection of a new part three, part four storey mixed-use block.
- Demolition of industrial workshops and telecom tower and erection of block with flexible use at ground floor and 22 flats above, Wimbledon Park. This application is to demolish the industrial workshops and the telecom tower and to erect a part 2, part 4 storey block with flexible B1 use at ground floor and 22 self-contained flats above with roof terraces, associated parking and enhanced pedestrian/vehicle access from Dawlish Avenue.
Change of use from Public House to retail/Commercial space on ground floor and 9 self-contained flats above, Dundonald. This application is to change the use from public house to ground floor retail/commercial use with 9 flats above (6 x 1 bed and 3 x 2 bed flats), including demolition of existing taxi hire business with curtilage location.
Demolition of existing building and erection of a two storey block of flats, Abbey. This application is to demolish the existing building and erect a two storey block of flats with an additional basement floor, providing 9 self-contained flats (comprising 6 x 2 bed flats and 3 x 1 bed flats) at 63A Kingston Road.
Demolition of existing building and erection of seven storey building, Trinity. This application is for the demolition of the existing building and erection of a seven storey office building including accommodation at basement level at 188 - 194 The Broadway. This application goes against some local concerns to maintain low-rise buildings in Wimbledon town centre.
- Construction of thee, 3 storey apartment blocks comprising 9 x 1 bedroom flats, Raynes Park. This planning application is to build three 3 storey apartment blocks comprising 9 x 1 bedroom flats on land on south side of Wyke Road from pedestrian tunnel eastwards towards south west corner of 87 Stanton Road.
- Demolition of existing buildings and structures and redevelopment for a new building comprising of a hotel and three commercial units, Dundonald. This application is for the demolition of the existing buildings and structures and redevelopment comprising of a hotel and three commercial units at 27-39 Hartfield Road.
- Demolition of a workshop and erection of residential block of 34 flats, Hillside. This is an application for outline planning permission for the demolition of a workshop and the erection of a residential block containing 34 flats, Watson Diesel Elm Grove Business Centre Elm Grove Wimbledon SW19 4HE.
- Demolition of existing retail and workshop and erection of 5 storey A1, A2 and A3 and 9 residential units, Merton Park. This is an application for full planning permission for the demolition of an existing retail and workshop and the erection of a 5 storey containing A1, A2 and A3 use and residential units consisting of 7 x two bedroom and 2 x one bedroom self-contained flats, 361 Kingston Road Raynes Park London SW20 8JX.