Find out how to respond to consultations and influence planning applications in your area.
Offices and flats on old Manuplastics factory site, Kingston Road. Planning application for 110 homes and office space, 7 storeys being decided on 22 Feb 2018. An application for a five-storey self storage unit was refused in 2009. A similar, slightly different application was made in relation to the site in late 2017.
You can see comments from the Dundonald Lib Dem team to the 2017 application here.
- Concrete plant, Waterside Way (border of Wimbledon and Tooting).
- Seven-storey office building, The Broadway. This application goes against some local concerns to maintain low-rise buildings in Wimbledon town centre.
- Dundonald Church and residential flats, Kingston Road, Raynes Park.
- 85 residential units on former Wolfston site, Copse Hill. This application specifies that 30 per cent of the residential units will be affordable. Merton Council's Core Strategy sets a target of 40 per cent. The development is also in a Conservation Area.
- High Path estate, South Wimbledon. Part of the Estates Local Plan, read the latest news about the estate. The estate includes Wimbledon's new secondary school, the Harris Wimbledon Academy, due to open in 2020.
- Wimbledon town centre redevelopment. Read the latest news on the redevelopment.
- 21 flats and 2 three bedroom houses to replace Phoenix Hotel, Abbey. This application is to demolish the existing Phoenix Hotel on Merton Road, to be replaced by a five storey building comprising 21 flats and 2 three bedroom detached houses plus parking.
Local Plan 2020 - Merton council is creating a new Local Plan to help guide future planning decisions.
Plans for Wimbledon Hill Road – A Public exhibition on 11 January 2018 revealed details of a proposal for the change of the ‘Bank Buildings’ at 41-47 Wimbledon Hill Road in Wimbledon Town Centre with a new hotel and shops to be part of the development.
Plans for site of historic White Hart Pub, Kingston Road, Wimbledon – Demolition of the White Hart Pub and development of 44 flats on three storeys and commercial units with no parking on the site to be developed in two phases starting in summer 2019. Exhibition for nearby resident was on 19 December 2017, more information on the plans.