Find out how to respond to consultations and influence planning applications in your area.
Local Plan 2020 - Merton council is creating a new Local Plan to help guide future planning decisions.
- Wimbledon town centre redevelopment. Read the latest news on the redevelopment.
- High Path estate, South Wimbledon. Part of the Estates Local Plan, read the latest news about the estate. The estate includes Wimbledon's new secondary school, the Harris Wimbledon Academy, due to open in 2020. A planning application has been lodged regarding the change of use from storage and business use to school.
Plans for Wimbledon Hill Road – A Public exhibition on 11 January 2018 revealed details of a proposal for the change of the ‘Bank Buildings’ at 41-47 Wimbledon Hill Road in Wimbledon Town Centre with a new hotel and shops to be part of the development. A planning application has been lodged regarding this redevelopment to provide retail, financial and professional services and a hotel and partial demolition of the existing building.
Plans for site of historic White Hart Pub, Kingston Road, Wimbledon – Demolition of the White Hart Pub and development of 44 flats on three storeys and commercial units with no parking on the site to be developed in two phases starting in summer 2019. A 2nd exhibition for residents was held on Monday 2 July 2018. click here more information on the plans.
Commercial space on ground floor and 19 self-contained flats above, Wimbledon Park. This application is to demolish existing buildings and the erection of a new part three, part four storey mixed-use block.
- Demolition of industrial workshops and telecom tower and erection of block with flexible use at ground floor and 22 flats above, Wimbledon Park. This application is to demolish the industrial workshops and the telecom tower and to erect a part 2, part 4 storey block with flexible B1 use at ground floor and 22 self-contained flats above with roof terraces, associated parking and enhanced pedestrian/vehicle access from Dawlish Avenue.
- Demolition of building and erection of residential building comprising 34 self-contained flats , Dundonald ward. This application is to demolish the existing buildings and erect a part three, part four storey residential building comprising 34 self-contained flats (3 X studio, 14 X 1 bed & 17 X 2 bed) at 32-34 Bushey Road Raynes Park.
Change of use from Public House to retail/Commercial space on ground floor and 9 self-contained flats above, Dundonald. This application is to change the use from public house to ground floor retail/commercial use with 9 flats above (6 x 1 bed and 3 x 2 bed flats), including demolition of existing taxi hire business with curtilage location.
Demolition of existing building and erection of a two storey block of flats, Abbey. This application is to demolish the existing building and erect a two storey block of flats with an additional basement floor, providing 9 self-contained flats (comprising 6 x 2 bed flats and 3 x 1 bed flats) at 63A Kingston Road.
Demolition of existing building and erection of seven storey building, Trinity. This application is for the demolition of the existing building and erection of a seven storey office building including accommodation at basement level at 188 - 194 The Broadway. This application goes against some local concerns to maintain low-rise buildings in Wimbledon town centre.
- Construction of thee, 3 storey apartment blocks comprising 9 x 1 bedroom flats, Raynes Park. This planning application is to build three 3 storey apartment blocks comprising 9 x 1 bedroom flats on land on south side of Wyke Road from pedestrian tunnel eastwards towards south west corner of 87 Stanton Road.