A quick look at what's happening in and around the borough over the festive period
Recycling and rubbish collection dates:
- Transport for London's advice on Christmas travel
Christmas events in Merton:
- Festive Carriage rides at Morden Hall Park, 8-23rd December
- Cards for Good causes, 12-15th December
- Merton Chamber Christmas lunch, 13th December
- Wimbledon Guild Carol service, 13th December
- Christmas dinner and dance, 15th December
- Christmas markets on the piazza, 15-16th December
- Beer and Carols at St Andrews, 21st December
- Christmas markets on the piazza, 21-23rd December
- Tinsel 10k run, Morden Hall Park, 23rd December
- Don't be alone on Christmas day, 25th December
Merton Heritage Service, festive events:
- 10-31st December,`Tis the Season to be Jolly, the story behind popular Christmas customs
- 10-31st December, Frosts & Festivities, an exhibition about Merton in winter
- 10-31st December, The Twelve Days of Christmas, a Merton heritage exhibition inspired by the popular festive rhyme
- 10-18th December, Local History Christmas Sale
All events held at Merton Heritage Centre, 2nd floor - Morden Library
Free Christmas parking
Parking will be free in Council-managed car parks in Mitcham, Morden and Wimbledon on a number of weekends. See here for full information.
Local shops and other information
- Centre Court shopping centre at Christmas: click here.
- Council services over Christmas: click here.
- School terms and holidays: click here.